Co-op Permit

Co-op Permit

International students enrolled in a study program at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada who are required to complete an internship or work placement must also apply for a co-op work permit. The co-op is a live program that gives you the opportunity to work while studying in Canada.

You cannot use the co-op work permit for projects that are not related to your official academic course of study. For example, it cannot be utilized for internships mandated by outside funding agencies.

You should apply for a co-op work permit at the same time you apply for your study permit. Apply as soon as you receive your official admission offer from the registrar’s office. Your admission offer will confirm that your program has a mandatory work-integrated learning component. You will also need to provide a supporting letter to obtain your co-op work permit.

We can assist you in obtaining your co-op permit. Do you need expert assistance in studying in Canada? ICW Immigration can help.

Co-op Permit

Dedicated Team

Our dedicated professional consultants will work with you at every step of your immigration and visa process.

Great Support

We deliver the highest standards of service with an advanced support system to keep you informed and updated.

Apply for Co-op Work Permit

If work experience is included as part of your program curriculum, you need to apply for a co-op work permit. A co-op work permit allows students to work full-time during regular academic terms. You must have a co-op work permit and a Social Insurance Number before you start your co-op work. You also need to meet the college co-op program criteria before you may start your co-op.

CW Immigration
× How can I help you?